Friday 10 March 2017

OUGD503: Ibis Wall Art Brief



The Ibis competition stood out to me as it offers a really broad scope of what can be submitted in response, just had to be a 300dpi image, allowing me to focus on something i'd really like to explore.

When reading the brief initially, the first thing that jumped to mind was an illustrative map of the city- in a hand rendered style conveying all the great places tourists (and everyone!) need to know around Leeds. I will draw focus to the ones which mean the most to me, as the brief asks the artwork to be personal to the artist, and from their perspective.

This is a great opportunity for me to experiment with this of my own interest such as illustration or typography, which could be an appropriate response to this brief. The timescale for completing this brief is tight but realistic. When the competition came through to my student email initially when I was watching a documentary on Jean-Michelle Basquait so was inspired to get straight to work by his creative influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment