Saturday 18 March 2017

OUGD503: Ibis Final Resolutions + Evaluation

I developed the illustrations from my imagination, using a digital base and adding elements of hand rendered prescience. I hoped the authenticity of the design reflects the rustic line style, a style I have been interested in practicing and progressing my style in. A mixture of digital and hand rendered methods have been used for the production of all illustrations highlighting the technical aspects I personally wanted to get out of the brief.









In response to the Ibis brief, I developed a range of illustrations of key places around Leeds. The outcomes were created by hand, scanned in and altered. I am happy with the result of the illustrations, yet I should have allowed myself more time to fluidly allow them to fit into a design. The designs on their own are quite detailed, impeding the quality when seen at reduced scale on screen. In situ (as the wall is much bigger than a laptop screen) the designs would be clearly visible, adding little bursts of detail to the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment