Sunday 17 April 2016

OUGD404 // Final Large Publication

Instead of photographing my final publication in the studio I opted for a comfier environment to showcase the tactile quality I want to convey. As the production is not as sleek as I would of liked, I wanted to highlight this contrast by comparing my publication to sleek justified-bound magazines. By doing this I wanted to show the contrast in materials. My publication is printed on 180gsm Matte Stock which is visible on screen when placed next to glossy publications, this is also highlighted by the brown thick card encasing the publication.













I chose to leave an open knot giving a tactile feel, making the stitched binding slightly more personal. 






Final outcome for Studio Brief 02, Leeds College of Art Look Book 2016. This is my most successful outcome, yet is still far from perfect. I had planned to further cut the vertical edges down in the laser cutter, yet due to a technical difficulty it was not possible to use it prior to the deadline. Regardless of a few over hanging edges, the tone and feel of the publication has super-seeded my expectations with tactility and informality. A casual tone of voice is present throughout and when asking peers for feedback they all said they didn’t feel like it would be broken, they could have a nice flick through and relax with ease. To me, this brief has proven a huge success whilst making me more coherent with InDesign and the way larger publications are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment