Monday 3 April 2017

OUGD505: Poster Inspiration (Research 3)

As the brief asks for a traditionally printed, A3 print, I plan to use a range of techniques where appropriate to improve the tactile quality of the execution. 

Despite doing screen printing in the past, I am quite apprehensive of it (especially when exposing a screen). Screen printing none the less is a classic and effective way of easily reproducing prints, as well as creating unique effects through colour and ink mixing.


Every traditional print method I can think of //


Screen print            Letterpress          Emboss         Deboss            Darkroom Print             Linoprint        

Monoprint               Lasercut stencil            Foiling             Risograph            Using Light Sensitive paper


Ways of creating aesthetics //



Image with type on top            Purely typographic             Purely image based    


For Studio Brief 01- spaces in Leeds, I plan to create a gig poster as a homage to David Bowie's Kirkstall Rollerena gigs. I have met a lady who lived in Leeds in the 1970's and she has put me in contact with her mother who can hopefully tell me more about the Rollerena, and where I might find it today.


Gig posters //









Lino //






No comments:

Post a Comment