Monday 24 April 2017

OUGD503: Art From Non-Art 04

Success! Despite not receiving an email confirmation saying my piece would be featured, I was contacted by a friend on the opening night saying that two of my pieces had made it in! I was shocked that two pieces were chosen as the majority of other applicants only had one print exhibited. Sadly I missed the opening night, a i would have relished in the opportunity to meet new creatives and network at an event I am part of. 

By competing the design process in such a short period of time, the designs did not become stale or dull and were created in conjunction to subjective thoughts and feelings. This way of design was incredibly beneficial (tangibly, developing collages with hands and being in full control of the outcome), which I felt a very rewarding aspect. The experience of doing the competition without the presence of a company to design for was much unlike the others I have completed (Papyrus and Display Wizard) which were heavy and intensive on research to be fit the design with the purpose. I feel that my design has been successful for this brief due to the creative, playful element attached and coded within the subject content, rather than getting too bogged down on specific design decisions (like you would with a larger brief).The freedom of experimenting with collage and 'art from non-art' has given me confidence in my creative decision making and will encourage me to submit more one off concept vs aesthetic based work in the future. 

 



Piece No 1

Piece No 2

  


No comments:

Post a Comment