Friday 13 November 2015

OUDG403// Final Letterforms

Throughout this brief I have been envisaging my final outcomes to be huge, tangible and blocky. With this in mind, I had the idea of transforming my final letterforms into thick wooden blocks, which you can physically pick up and play with. In my mind I can imagine them to be 10ft tall and 10ft wide gigantic instillations. I got the idea of a typographic instillation from Andrew Byrom- If H is a Chair, specifically where he manipulates large scale metal shower rails into the word 'Play'. 

Cubic Option I created using Illustrator, based on my final typeface. This is not intended for use when writing sentences, this typeface is called ‘Immense’, the sibling of ‘Obese’, just made cubic.

 I have given this one a different name to reference Berthold which these two typefaces are based on. As Berthold is also called Akzidenz-Grotesk and is available in 'Regular', 'Bold' and 'Black'- with Black being the chunkiest variation.



Visualising 'A' as a large scale instillation. Original image sourced from
(http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/jpgs/london/central_st_giles_aw120910_4.jpg)
Exploring settings for my letterforms to be featured. Here I tried to go for a sculpture park vibe... (Original image from https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/filepicker%2Fq2H9PgfRTpOMW1JS8W6q_field.jpg)


Further ways of presenting large scale typographic instillations in innovative ways. Mock up of hanging the letters on angles over water (Original Image - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Roundtanglelake.JPG)

No comments:

Post a Comment