Wednesday 4 April 2018

OUGD603: Unentitled Creative Writing - LIVE BRIEF

 Branding & Identity is naturally a core part of graphic design, yet isn't really something I have developed skills in as a practitioner. I plan to change this, so have found a live brief to do for a Leeds Beckett event, allowing me to work on a real world project. Unentitled is a final year creative writing exhibition, which will be running for 1 week at the end of May. The exhibition will be used as showcase of the end of year work, as well as a way to invite publishers and industry professionals to see what's on offer. 

I have realised that I put less effort/energy into fictitious briefs as I would do real world events, as often fictitious briefs are never really implemented out of a class room environment, which I find quite pointless. The benefit of 'doing' in a real world environment is also to the necessity to meet deadlines and work as part of a larger team, something I found to be a driving force for me learning from LRFS & other work.

Initial Contact



Communication was proving to be an issue with Lucy as she does not regularly check her emails, to streamline this I thought it would be best to send over my mobile number so we can talk on the move away from emails quicker and easier. This proved successful, and within 10 minuets of me sending my number, she gave me a call and we had a long chat discussing the event, the work, the participants, the committee running it and what she essentially needed- and it was much more than just a 'logo design'.

As Lucy has not provided any set brief, I decided to write my own and give myself the deliverables based on the events needs - some of which have definitely been over looked by the committee. 

The name 'unentitled' stems from that the committee is quite divided in how they want the exhibition to run, and even what to call it. Furthermore, with millennials being now known for their 'sense of entitlement', they wanted to use this as an opportunity to say that we're not entitled, nor do we all share this mentality.


No comments:

Post a Comment